Sunday, April 1, 2012

Update April 2012


I couldn't post anything last month due to my busy schedule, so here it goes. Well, I moved to Sofia, Bulgaria early this month to join as a Matte painter /  compositor at Worldwide FX on a 3 months contract to work on the film "The Expendables 2".

First of all, I am really enjoying the work and weather here. So far I been mostly working on matte paintings but hope to do some complex camera projections set up as well by the end of the deadline. I must say I am really privileged to work under veteran  matte painting supervisor Metin Gungor and to work alongside with bunch of talented & hard working fellow matte painters. It's been great experience so far and I hope to learn much more during my time here.

Another update back in India is the trailer release of much awaited film Eega, in which I  played important roles as a on-set VFX coordinator, Senior compositor and Matte painter. It is good to see that couple of environment shots and a comp shots that I worked  made into the trailer. The movie looks really promising for the local industry and I am wishing good luck to all my friends back in Makuta VFX to see this movie through its final lap of post production.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see you working out in Europe, looking forward to what you are doing on the film.

Watched that trailer that film has hollywood remake written all over it. Brilliant premise, and execution.

Plus the actress is stunning,

Rahul Venugopal said...

Thanks Richard :)